ADAF- The first Greek festival on EFFE AwardsAugust 28, 2017
Athens Digital Arts Festival is delighted to inform you that is selected as one of the 26 EFFE Laureates by the EFFE International Jury. The Laureates are chosen from amongst the 715 Label recipients by EFFE – Europe for Festivals, Festivals for Europe for their exemplary work and commitment to festivals’ role in the arts and societies. The EFFE Award Ceremony will take place on 18 September during the Arts Festivals Salon in Brussels, hosted by the Centre of Fine Arts – BOZAR.
Being the only Greek Laureate, Athens Digital Arts Festival is rather honored and proud to represent the local cultural scene to the European Festivals Association (EFA). Such recognition is always important for ADAF as it strengthens our efforts for innovative initiatives and development while enabling us to promote Greek culture internationally.
EFFE is a result of many years of intense collaboration with the European Commission and European Parliament. EFFE started as an organization by the European Festivals Association (EFA) in order to focus more single-mindedly on Europe’s diversity and creativity. As a result, we are really proud to be part of this creative community and to share knowledge and experiences with international experts.
We would like to thank everyone who has supported us through all these years and, especially, the audience that always encourages our passion for cutting edge actions.
From our side, we are pledged to have an exceptional presence and strong social engagement at the EFFE Award ceremony, celebrating the diverse festivals’ community all over Europe.
The 26 EFFE Laureates (in alphabetical order) are:
- 12 Points, Ireland
- Africtions – captured by Dance, Germany
- Altofest International Contemporary Live Arts, Italy
- ASALTO Zaragoza, Spain
- Athens Digital Arts Festival, Greece
- Bábkarská Bystrica TOUR – Double impulse, Slovakia
- Buffer Fringe Performing Arts Festival, Cyprus
- Edinburgh Festival Fringe, UK
- Edinburgh International Festival, UK
- European Film Festival Palic, Serbia
- Festival of Five Churches, Hungary
- Festival of Wonder, Denmark
- FMM Sines – Festival Músicas do Mundo, Portugal
- Gdansk Shakespeare Festival, Poland
- Gender Bender, Italy
- GOGOLFEST – International Annual Multidisciplinary International Festival of Contemporary Art, Ukraine
- International Theatre Festival – Varna Summer, Bulgaria
- Les Eurockéennes de Belfort, France
- Mittelfest, Italy
- Ravenna festival, Italy
- Tallinn Architecture Biennale, Estonia
- Tbilisi International Festival of Theatre, Georgia
- TANEC PRAHA – The International Festival of Contemporary Dance and Movement Theatre, Czech Republic
- Theaterfestival Boulevard ‘s-Hertogenbosch, Netherlands
- Utrecht Early Music Festival, Netherlands
- Walk&Talk Azores, Portugal